Who doesn’t love ham?! Ham is THE Christmas food. You know Christmas is coming when we start seeing hams in the grocery. I am obsessed with ham! My grandfather had me addicted since I was little. He makes it so good.
Ham is so perfect in hops and by itself, I’ve greedily eaten it all up before it could even make it into my hops. I’ve put it in mac ‘n’ cheese once and it was the most perfect thing I’ve ever tasted.
Nothing speaks Christmas more than a juicy, honey glazed ham. I mean, YUM! The smell of a baking ham with the spice radiating through the kitchen is beyond delicious, enough to have you salivating while waiting to dig in.
I absolutely love a little pineapple and cherry on my ham to give it the perfect taste and to make it aesthetically pleasing. Without further ado, here comes the perfect ham recipe.
For the Ham
For the Glaze
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 5 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
For The Ham
- Remove ham from wrapping, but keeping the netting on (follow instructions on the back of wrapper) and place on a tray that can collect drippings
- Place whole cloves throughout ham
- Place ham in oven and bake for 2 1/2 hours (this depends on the weight of your ham)
- Remove from oven and glaze ham
- Return to oven and bake until internal temperature is 160°C (about 30 minutes additional – there’s a thermometer for this)
- Remove from oven and arrange pineapple slices and cherries, securing with toothpicks and then place more glaze over ham and return to oven for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing
For The Glaze
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, pineapple juice, honey, orange juice, mustard and ground clove
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens