Gobble gobble gobble.. Christmas time just needs a ham AND a turkey to be complete. Baked turkey is so delicious and even better with a cranberry sauce.
I love a nice, moist turkey! I mean who doesn’t love moist, juicy turkey?! I personally find that using the turkey breast gives a much more juicy and meaty flavor than a whole turkey. My preference is always to use the breast but you can feel free to use this recipe on a whole turkey as well.
I like really highly, seasoned food so that’s how I chose to do my turkey and believe me, it was a hit!
- 1 turkey breast (Butterball is a good brand)
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced chive
- 1 Tbsp dried or fresh Rosemary
- 1 tsp dried fine thyme
- 1 tsp red pepper chili flakes
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 sprig fine thyme
- Defrost turkey according to package instructions (usually remove from freezer 24 hours before baking)
- Melt butter and add all ingredients to form a sauce
- Paste turkey in a generous layer of sauce (Keep mesh on turkey if it comes with mesh)
- Cover turkey with foil and marinate for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator
- Place in a baking tray and cover with foil
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted into the center reads 160°