I can’t take full credit for this recipe. I was having a peanut butter and banana bread craving and I decided to google to see what combinations people tried. During my extensive search, I came across chocolate peanut butter banana bread.
Mind = blown.
Every single ingredient marries so well, peanut butter and chocolate, peanut butter and bananas, chocolate and bananas. DUDE! I was drooling looking at these pictures.
It was everything I’ve dreamt about, can I get a fatgirl? It was also surprisingly easy. The name sounds really intimidating but nope, EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEAZY. I’m almost 100% certain you have these ingredients in your pantry.
I got this recipe from bromabakery.com . I didn’t change much except that I made it eggless because I’m fasting, and a few little adjustments in the measurements.
The only thing with this recipe is that I found it had more of a cake finish than an actual bread but it was still yummy.
Small note about the vanilla that I use, I absolutely ADORE it. It is from the brand Los Cinco Soles. I got this in Mexico and it is wonderful. The vanilla is really potent but in a really good way. The smell alone is like heaven in a bottle. I’ve been using this vanilla for a few months and it has truly made a difference in my baking.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa, I like the Richmond Hill and Cadbury brands
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, the smooth and creamy one, melted
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (I made a substitute – 1tsp baking soda and 1 tsp apple cider vinegar per egg)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp Nutella, melted
For Greasing Pan
- Cookeen margarine
- Wax paper
- Mix together the melted peanut butter, sugar, mashed bananas, vegetable oil
- Mix apple cider vinegar and baking soda (if making this eggless). It bubbles and it’s really cool to see (I was too slow to get the pictures)
- Add egg replacer to mixture and stir well
- Stir in cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla
- Add flour
- Grease a loaf pan and line it with wax paper. Preheat oven to 350°
- Pour mixture into pan
- Slice banana and place slices in the centre of mixture
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes (that’s how long it took mine) or until a knife inserted in the centre of load comes out clean
- Allow to cool
(It looks SO ugly here)
- Melt Nutella and peanut butter in microwave for about 30 seconds each, until runny
- Using a spoon, drizzle Nutella and peanut butter over bread
PS My bananas sunk for some reason but I think if you use eggs, this won’t happen.